On the afternoon of 7 March, we had the very exciting competition where there were presentations from the six groups of participants. This competition is an integral part of our SEEED Jobs For Life Programme to tackle youth unemployment through transformation and social impact innovation via a series of 12 Saturdays of special job preparedness, life skills and entrepreneurial development training.
The previous week, the participants had all been divided into groups of 6 or 7, and each group had to nominate a project head and decide what topic to focus on.
Theme: Waste Not, Want Not
Judging Criteria & Score
1. Kenneth Tan – representing Advertising & Creative Arts Industry and prospective employer and mentor.
2. Puan Sri Siew Yong Gnanalingam – representing SI and also highly acclaimed PR professional
3. Kim Fong – representing SIPJ and also successful entrepreneur in sales & marketing.
4. Lim Ee Lin from iM4U – representing local community interest group and highly experienced in youth campaigns via social media.
5. Panjalingam Pillay – representing Environmental Services Industry and prospective employer and mentor (with 30 years expertise in wastewater treatment, waste management and renewable energy).
The presentations were all informative and it was obvious that all the groups had put in much effort to create the presentations in just one week. At the end of the long day, the expert Judges were completely won over! SEEED Jobs For Life are producing Champions and Environmental Heroes!
Team Blue Sparks emerged the winners of the Group Innovative Project Competition with the theme “Waste Not Want Not”. Their revolutionary SPARKZYME project demonstrated all the components of key learnings from Cycle 1 training. They had clear and visible goals, a unique brand and originality, creative usage of multimedia technology, project feasibility and well-coordinated teamwork.
Congratulations to team Blue Sparks for winning – each member received a book voucher for RM50. All participants also received an SIPJ pen for a memento of the event.